Monday, May 2, 2011

Child Prostition 5/2

I just came across an article from chicago breaking news source that stated there is a child prostition ring in Chicago. When reading this article I was completely shocked. I always thought that this problem was only in third world countries, far from America and our community. "In addition to rescuing the 69 juveniles, 884 people including 99 "pimps" were arrested over a three-day effort dubbed Operation Cross Country V, a joint investigation between FBI, local and state law enforcement agencies and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, according to U.S. Department of Justice officials." This was a huge breakthrough! I can't believe that this was going on in Chicago. This make me want to get involved because it is so close to me and to where I live. I am happy that they are getting involved and starting to arrest and stop these child prostition rings around the country.



http://archive.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/11/feds-hundreds-arrested-in-national-effort-targeting-child-prostitution.html

No comments:

Post a Comment