Monday, November 8, 2010

Death Penalty (Clifford Boggess)

In the Frontline movie about Clifford Boggess I found myself confused about my position on his case. Part of me knew he was a cold blooded murderer and realized that there is something seriously wrong with him. An other part of me felt like he had changed and that his death row experience had made him truly sorry for the murders he had committed and trusted his new way of life. He fully admitted to his crimes and knew that he did something wrong. But then again, when his ex-girlfriend was interviewed she knew he was a threat to society and wanted him to die because he was threnting her. I personally don't believe in the death penalty. I can understand a families want for the murderer of their loved ones to die, but I think suffering in jail is a lot worse then spending a couple years on death row and being then being done with life. Boggess is a prime example of a criminal, he is manipulating and can swing situations in his favor. I still believe he is a horrible person, with little repentance, but I don't think he should have died. Some people my have justified the lives he took, with this own death, but its just a cycle. We can't teach AAmericans that it's okay to solve violence with violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment